Update: On July 1st 2023, Google shut down Universal Analytics, replacing it with GA4. This stops our Dealfront Google Analytics integration from receiving new data. At this time it is not possible to add a new Google Analytics integration to Dealfront and for existing integrations there is no new data available to the integration from GA4.
We are actively working on replacing our Google Analytics integration with a new Google Ads integration. This integration will provide all the same value as before, showing the keywords and campaigns that brought companies to your website/s, we also be able to provide even deeper insights on campaign performance. Find out more here.
Keep an eye out for our new Google Ads integration coming soon! We will update our Help Center content as soon as it’s released.
Google Ads (formerly known as Google AdWords) is an online advertising platform developed by Google, where you pay to display service offerings, advertisements, or other calls to action. These ads can be known as CPC (cost per click) campaigns and it is important to know if they are having the desired impact on your business.
If you plan on tracking these Google Ad keywords in Dealfront you must have them set up so that we can get all of the information you need.
1) First, you will need to make sure that Dealfront is connected to the Google Analytics View on the site, we can't connect directly to a Google Ads account or re-marketing script. You would have linked to a GA view when you signed up, but you can read more about that here.
2) You also want to make sure that your Google Analytics account and your Google Ads account are linked. This will make sure that the information we see from Google Analytics has your Google Ads data connected to it! This article reviews how and why you should link your Ads and Analytics account.
3) Once your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts are linked you will want to make sure 'auto-tagging' is enabled in Google Ads. Auto-tagging will attach an identifying parameter to the URL your visitors' click.
4) The timezone of your Dealfront account (usually the timezone where you set it up) needs to be the same as the timezone of your Google Analytics account (usually the timezone where you set it up). If it is not the same, please choose only one timezone for both platforms.
5) Please make sure that the values are "set" in Google ads and Google analytics. If values are "not_set" we can't pick them up and deliver them to you in our Dealfront web application. Reasons why values are "not_set" can be seen here.
Once your accounts are linked and auto-tagging is enabled, you should be able to see these Google keywords when they are tied to a Dealfront-identified visit! The keyword and campaign name should be visible in Leadfeeder within 48 after the visit. It's good to keep in mind that Dealfront can only show keywords (Google search terms) in a case when a website visitor has clicked your Google Ad to visit your site.
Please note: Please note, that we can't fetch keywords that are showing up as
Not set or
Not provided in your Google Analytics.
If you also add UTMs manually to your Google Ads URL, we are sometimes able to pick up the information from such UTMs even without the above-described connection manual.
Please note: Sometimes it's not possible for Dealfront to collect and show the keyword or Google Ads campaign name. That's because of the race condition between the Dealfront tracker and Google Analytics which means Dealfront is faster than Google Analytics: Dealfront identifies the visit's source as Google Ads, but Google Analytics is too slow to do that to collect campaign data. This happens only occasionally and we keep monitoring it. At the moment Google Ads data is updated in Dealfront every three hours.
Questions, comments, feedback? Please let us know by contacting our support team via the chat or by sending us an email at email@example.com.